Oh, the Places Data Goes: Health Data Provenance Challenge
To be eligible to win a prize under this Challenge, an individual or entity:
- Shall have registered to participate in the Challenge under the rules promulgated by ONC.
- Shall have complied with all the stated requirements of the Challenge.
- In the case of a private entity, shall be incorporated in and maintain a primary place of business in the United States, and in the case of an individual, whether participating singly or in a group, shall be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Shall not be an HHS employee.
- May not be a federal entity or federal employee acting within the scope of their employment. We recommend that all non-HHS federal employees consult with their agency Ethics Official to determine whether the federal ethics rules will limit or prohibit the acceptance of a COMPETES Act prize.
- Federal grantees may not use federal funds to develop COMPETES Act challenge applications unless consistent with the purpose of their grant award.
- Federal contractors may not use federal funds from a contract to develop COMPETES Act challenge applications or to fund efforts in support of a COMPETES Act challenge submission.
- All individual members of a team must meet the eligibility requirements.
An individual or entity shall not be deemed ineligible because the individual or entity used federal facilities or consulted with federal employees during a Challenge if the facilities and employees are made available to all individuals and entities participating in the Challenge on an equitable basis.
Participants must agree to assume any and all risks and waive claims against the Federal Government and its related entities, except in the case of willful misconduct, for any injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from my participation in this prize contest, whether the injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence or otherwise. Participants are financially responsible for claims made by a third party. Participants must also agree to indemnify the Federal Government against third party claims for damages arising from or related to Challenge activities.